eBooks are very popular today as one can read on their smartphones, or tablets and do not have to worry about losing them as compared to hard copy books. These are usually written by people who are experts on certain fields and want to share their information with others. eBooks can be of different topics such as homemade recipes, how to start a business, or how to communicate with others effectively.In order to write an eBook, you just need to have all the necessary information and expertise on the title you want to write about. You can work with a professional writer and publisher to provide best insights on how to go about writing your eBook. eBooks serve many purposes and writing one can be an advantage to you.
How to Write an eBook
- Decide on a topic or niche that you are good at and passionate about such as entrepreneurship, marketing, and others. The best topics to write about are those that solve a problem; “How to topics.” A good way to decide on what to write on is to expand on topics or questions that most people ask you about.
- Do a lot of research before writing to make sure your information is credible and relevant to your target audience. Your topic should have enough substance to be published as an eBook. Usually an eBook is about 20-25 pages long.
- Write the content of your book. Since it will be read on computers, or laptops, be precise with your content. You can use clear photos to enhance or emphasize your ideas. Hyperlinks can also be used to direct readers to more information about something that you have mentioned but did not discuss in detail.
- Editing is the last but crucial step in writing an eBook. Make sure you have a cover page, table of contents page, and an introduction page. Go through your work and eliminate any grammatical or format errors. Make sure the links you have included work. It is recommend to let a professional proofread your work and correct all errors.
Why You Should Write an eBook
- To sell – Most people write and sell eBooks to generate money. Amazon is the best place to sell your eBooks. You can also market in on social media and create a link where people can purchase the eBook from.
- Give away for free – There are many reasons to give out an eBooks for free. If you have a blog or a website, this is a great way to attract visitors to your site. If you are an established professional in a certain field, you can give free eBooks on your field of expertise as a way of branding yourself an expert in that field.
- For publishing – Most successful authors do have both eBooks and publications for their content. This is because most people are moving away from the traditional printed books to eBooks. You can have the eBooks post on your website and downloadable to your viewers after they make purchase payment for it.
How to Market your eBook
Writing an eBook is the easy part compared to marketing it. If you have a blog or website, this is the best place to start. You can post the eBook on all of your platforms or create a different platform for the eBook if it addresses something different from your existing sites. As you market your book, be keen to mention whether it’s a free give away or not.
You can start with a discounted price for the first few sales and once the reviews start coming in and word gets out there, you can sell it for your full desired price.
Writing an eBook can be a bit scary for someone who hasn’t written one before. However, this should be the case since you can get a professional writer to do it on your behalf; you just need to provide with content. What kind of eBook have you written about or would love to write on? Feel free to comment below.