One of my new years resolutions for 2019 was to read 52 books this year. This means that I would have to read a book a week. This blog post will be updated weekly with the book I read that week, my summary of the book, and it may contain an affliate link to the book on Amazon.
I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings- This book is a classic that I never got a chance to read. It was delightful to be able to get to know Maya Angelou’s story. I was taken to a time in history that is not normally told by African Americans. This was a well written art and I understand why it is consided a classic.
2. Shut Up and Do the Work– Stephanie gives a brash wake up call to those who are walking around with rose colored glasses on. I enjoyed the reminder about getting what I need to do done. Your life is only as good as you allow it to be and this book is a reminder that we all need.
3. Unfuck Yourself- This is another no-nonsense book. As you can tell from the title Gary came to make a point. There are so many of us that that is in our head and not making things happen. This book is about killing the excuses and going after what you want.
4. Energy Strands- I have been on a spiritual journey and this book was a god send. Denise discusses things like cutting cords, meditation and how sound affects your spirit. Since I listened to the audio copy, I am going to get the physical copy because I want to highlight and take notes. If you trying to connect to god on a different level this one is for you.
5. 6 Months to 6 Figures- This one was more of a motivational book than a guide to 6 figures. While it did give you a pump of motivation it fell short of what I expected from the title. This author seems to know all of the great motivational speakers and coaches by the way that he name-drops. I did not get any type of road-map of how I was going to make 6 figures in 6 months. But I did have a few ah-ha moments when I remembered people who I wanted to review what they were up to.
6. Don’t settle for safe is a no nonsense you better get it right book by Sara Jakes Robert who is the daughter of pastor T.D. Jakes. I have seen her motivational videos on Facebook so when I saw she had a book on Audible I was compelled to buy it. I am so happy with my purchase not only did I get Mrs. Roberts back story but I also felt motivated. She made me remember that I can acheive anything. I realized that I have to stop being stuck and move forward. I needed the kick that this book provided.
Working a job and can’t make ends meet? The Profitable Passion is for anyone who wants to start a side hustle. If your paychecks leave you thinking, “If I just had a little extra money…” grab your copy today.